Tuesday, May 31

An altered can for my step-daughter's teacher at school

When my SD said she would like to make her teacher something for the last day of school, I was ecstatic.  I had seen a project similar to the one I have made here and knew that I wanted to try it out.  It was pretty simple, earth friendly, and it made my SD smile from ear to ear when it was finished.  I hope her teacher likes it just as much as my SD liked making it for her!

I used an old soup can, some white cardstock, wired ribbon, crayons, red yarn, and cut an Apple from my Serenade cartridge for the Teacher's Name tag.  The entire project took less than 15 minutes to complete with the die cut premade and ready to go.

I am very happy to be entering this altered can into the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #104 - Alter/Recycle
and Celebrate the Occasion #16 - School's Out (apples)  
and The Paper Players - Anything Goes




Thanks for stopping by
and
Happy Crafting!
Smilez,
Jessica

18 comments:

  1. It is brilliant, Thank you for joining in with us at C.R.A.F.T Challenge this week.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a perfect teacher gift! This is just adorable and I'm sure your step-daughter's teacher LOVED it!! Good luck with the challenge :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Thanks for become in my follower.-
    And Thanks for commenting in my blog!
    Have a great Tuesday ;-)
    ~Maria Elena~
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty thanks for joining in at CRAFT this week.

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  5. What awesome project, Jessica!! Love the crayon pencil holder!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, such a great project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a wonderful project and it is just perfect for the challenge, thanks so much for Celebrating the Occasion with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! Her teacher will love this!! Thanks for playing with us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! this is really cute. thanks for playing along with us this week at CTO

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is this! I love the crayons around the soup can and the embossed apple! Thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow you did a great job. Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute gift, love those crayons! That would make any teacher smile. Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just too cute! What a great idea! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WoW. I bet she loved this fabulously creative gift! So glad you shared it with the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! What an awesome project! The apple looks great on it! I'm sure her teacher is going to LOVE this! Thanks for playing along with us at CTO!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a very fun and creative idea! Thank so much for playing along with The Paer Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute project! Thanks for joining us this week at CTO!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this Jessica-- your blog sure is a treasure trove and I an enjoying digging up hidden treasures!

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy reading your comments and love hopping back over to your blog to see your latest and greatest!
:O) Jessica B.
Keep Crafting
Cuz Crafting Rocks
\m/-_-\m/

FYI - If you think your comment didn't take, I have comment moderation turned on, so chances are, it is still there :)

Social Butterfly?

Charity Wings

100% Certified

100% Certified
BAD A$$ Facebook Fan Page

Bill of Rights

Photobucket

Thanks Deb

Recent Visitors